Graduate Engineer - Manufactoring Belgium
Exxon Mobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Our people are driven, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system and regular training enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers or technical specialists.
Belgian engineers can start either at the Antwerp refinery as Process Engineer or at the Antwerp / Meerhout Polymers Plants as Process- or Equipment Engineer.
For starters with an engineering background (university degree) there are different options to start a career within ExxonMobil.
One of the standard starting position is 'Process Engineer' at one of the sites. The manufacturing sites are subdivided into units. A starting engineer can become the “technical” owner of such a unit. He/she then has the responsibility to solve problems in close collaboration with the operators.
It is also his/her job to ensure the proper operation of the manufacturing unit and to strive for optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and operational safety. A next step may be the technical ownership of another process unit, a “coordinating” position e.g. checking and managing energy consumption in the entire manufacturing site or a commercial/business role.
• Preferred education:5 year university education MSc Engineering Science (Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, Electrical, Energy, Applied Physics) and Bioscience Engineering (Chemistry & Bioprocess Technology, Catalytic Technology). Additional PhD is not required; however candidates holding a PhD are welcome to apply.
• Language skills: Fluent in Dutch and English
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Well organized and able to manage multiple task simultaneously
• Proactive, with an ability to anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
• Effective leadership skills, including influencing with no direct formal authority
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people from various backgrounds in developing innovative solutions of highest general interest
• Broad career interests and international mindset